Harman Kardon GLA55

Harman Kardon GLA-55 - (Glass)
Probably the most expensive 2.0 multimedia speaker.

What do you think about it after scroll through the 2 photos above?

Before I go into headphones, around the end of 2009, I was looking for this sexy babes. That time there was no Harman Kardon distributor in Malaysia. Thus, I planned to get it from Singapore and the cost was around RM6k+ including tax and shipment cost. Damn! Luckily I didnt make that decision. If not I will be banging wall now.

I got an invitation from David Lee from Event One Sdn. Bhd. - Harman Kardon distributor. He invited me to the MacStudio in Bangsar Shopping Complex to audition this set of speaker. It is my pleasure to have chance listen to it.

First... It is not small. Haha, it is almost as big as a human head. This pair of speakers is the most expensive 2.0 multimedia speaker, you cannot find any other 2.0 system that cost RM3500. Most people will WOW and ask, "Why so expensive? Built by crystal meh?". No, it is not crystal but it is bulletproof glass. I also don't understand why it need to be bulletproof? Maybe it is meant to jack up its value? Bulletproof will not improve its sounding but it looks good and it is hard to leave any scratches on it.

Overall, its design and build quality are great. It is so luxury and beautiful. It is transparent and you cannot find any wires, you see its tweeters and aluminum cone. It uses touch-sensitive volumn control. According to Harman Kardon, they use 3" Atlas aluminum cone woofer and Ceramic Metal Matrix Diaphragm (CMMD) doom tweeter. Indeed it is beautifully well-built with good quality components. But when I was auditioning it, I felt disappointed because it did not up to my expectation. Maybe it is limited by its amplification, size, or music source. For me, it sounds good but not good enough for RM3500 because it is better to invest in entry-level Hi-Fi.

Well, I got a good offer but I will not grab it because my requirement is higher. If anyone interested, contact me~

0 Thoughts: